A few days back we brought to you the spy pictures of the Yamaha FJR1300A, but today we have the official details and price of the same. Then, it was speculated that the new model is majorly a carryover and does not feature any innovations. But after reading the official press release, we do feel that Yamaha has done its bit. Now let us look at the key features of the 2013 FJR1300A.
The bike features a new headlight cowl and side fairing which not only enhance its appeal but also aid in weather conditions. A new and standard addition to the FJR1300A is Cruise Control, for which handlebar mounted controls are provided. A redesigned three part instrument panel is there on the bike. New LED front turn signals impart the modern look to the bike. A new Drive Mode (D-Mode) for varying throttle mappings. A MotoGP inspired traction control system is also present as standard.
What Is New In 2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 A?
- A redesigned upper cowl along with an under-cowl which gets a new shape for increased wind protection. The under-cowl’s adjustable panel has a new design for rider convenience and can be adjusted without tools.
- A new adjustable windscreen improves rider comfort, with an adjustment speed that is twice as fast.
- The throttle body is redesigned, and the shape of the funnel and the shape and length of the exhaust pipe have been changed to use the new YCC-T system.
- The new Yamaha D-Mode system offers riders a choice of T-Mode or S-Mode. T-Mode provides good performance characteristics needed for touring. The S-mode maximizes the performance characteristics for a sportier ride.
- New cruise control. Application of the brakes, clutch or throttle automatically releases the cruise control function. There is also a “resume” function that returns the cruise control to the most recent setting.
- New handlebar switches on both the right and left control heated-grip temperature, electronic windscreen adjustments, and the instrument panel display.
- A traction control system to help provide smooth, consistent traction on wet road surfaces or unpaved roads for more rider confidence.
- The new dash and instrument panel offer modern styling with a three-part format: an analog meter on the left, a digital speedometer in the center, and a multi-dot display on the right.
- The new fork design incorporates an aluminum piston rod and plunger and features a new spring rate. New rear shock damping and spring rate are revised for rider comfort, especially when riding with a passenger and/or rear cargo for a sportier ride.
- The engine’s cylinders feature a liner-less design with direct plating to the cylinder wall for superior heat dissipation.
Technical Specifications Of 2013 FJR1300A
- Engine: 1298cc liquid-cooled inline 4-cylinder, DOHC, 16 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 79.0 x 66.2mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.8:1
- Fuel System: Fuel Injection
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 5-speed; mulitplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Front Suspension: 48mm fork; fully adjustable
- Rear Suspension: Single shock; adjustable preload and rebound damping
- Front Wheel Travel: 5.3 in.
- Rear Wheel Travel: 4.9 in.
- Front Brakes: Dual 320mm disc, UBS ABS
- Rear Brake: Single 282mm disc, UBS ABS
- Front Tire: 120/70-ZR17 radial
- Rear Tire: 180/55-ZR17 radial
- Length: 87.8 in.
- Width: 29.5 in.
- Height: 57.3 in.
- Seat Height: 31.7/32.5 in.
- Wheelbase: 60.8 in.
- Ground Clearance: 5.1 in.
- Rake: 26.0 degrees
- Trail: 4.3 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 6.6 gal.
- Wet Weight (wet): 637 lbs/California model 639 lbs.
2013 Yamaha FJR1300A Color Options/MSRP:
The bike is available in one colour: Stone Gray which is priced at $15,890.
Stay tuned to Ride Talks for latest updates by signing up for our FREE email newsletter.