The 2013 MotoGP qualifying will not be similar to what we have seeing as DORNA has announced a number of significant changes. The changes have been brought to encourage more privateer and CRT teams into the sport. The calendar has also been revealed and the 2013 MotoGP is scheduled between March 2013 to November 2013 across 19 international locations.
The detailed qualifying procedure and schedule with calendar is as mentioned below.
2013 MotoGP Qualifying Procedure
- The three existing free practice sessions will remain unchanged, however, the combined times from these three sessions will determine participation in the final qualifying practice.
- The ten fastest riders will move to Qualifying Practice 2 (QP2).
- Remaining riders will take part in Qualifying Practice 1 (QP1).
- The fastest two riders in practice session 1 will progress to session 2, making a total of 12 riders competing for the first 12 grid positions.
- The riders not in the fastest two places in session 1 will be assigned grid positions 13 and above as per their lap times in the first session.
2013 MotoGP Qualifying Schedule
- Day One
- Free Practice Session 1 for 45 Minutes (Unchanged)
- Free Practice Session 2 for 45 Minutes (Unchanged)
- Day Two
- Free Practice Session 3 for 45 Minutes (Unchanged)
- Free Practice Session 4 for 30 Minutes (New): Not Timed for Qualifying Participation
- 10 Minutes Break – Qualifying Practice Session 1 for 15 minutes (New)
- 10 Minutes Break – Qualifying Practice Session 2 for 15 minutes (New)
2013 MotoGP Provisional Calendar
- 31 March Qatar Doha/Losail – Evening Race
- 14 April TBC TBC (to be confirmed)
- 21 April Americas Austin
- 05 May Spain (STC – Subject to the Contract) Jerez de la Frontera
- 19 May France Le Mans
- 2 June Italy Mugello
- 16 June Catalunya Circuit de Catalunya
- 29 June Netherlands TT Assen – Saturday Race
- 7 July Germany Sachsenring
- 21 July United States Laguna Seca – Only MotoGP Class
- 18 August Indianapolis Indianapolis
- 25 August Czech Republic Brno
- 01 September Great Britain Silverstone
- 15 September San Marino & Riviera di Rimini Marco Simoncelli Misano
- 29 September Aragón MotorLand Aragón
- 13 October Malaysia Sepang
- 20 October Australia Phillip Island
- 27 October Japan Motegi
- 10 November Valencia Ricardo Tormo-Valencia
Stay tuned for latest updates by signing up for