If there is one mean machine that gives Suzuki Hayabusa a run for its money, it has to be the Kawasaki ZX-14R. Launched in 2006 in the hypersport class, the motorcycle created a unique place for itself and is still one of the favorites of experienced motorcyclists. Evidently the 2012 ZX-14R was a huge improvement over its previous iterations as it not only featured a marginally bigger engine, but important features like Kawasaki Traction Control (KTRC), slipper clutch, revamped suspension and brakes as well.
All in all it was a complete motorcycle but there was something missing. It was the ABS which was absent but gladly Kawasaki has unveiled the 2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R and has added the missing ingredient. The 2013 model of ZX-14R returns with a compact, lightweight ABS that will increase the confidence of every prospective buyer and will help provide additional security in slippery conditions.
2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R Key Features
- Massively powerful 1,441cc inline-four engine is the strongest motorcycle engine Kawasaki has ever produced and delivers the most power of any current production sportbike in the world
- New ABS brake option is available for 2013. This compact and lightweight system helps increase rider confidence and helps provide additional security in slippery situations
- KTRC traction-control system features three different modes for varying conditions and is controlled by a handy switch assembly on the left handlebar
- Slipper clutch assembly controls rear-wheel torque effects while braking and downshifting
- Exhaust system features tapered head pipes, a catalyzer and an efficient muffler assembly for low noise and emissions
- Aluminum monocoque frame is narrow, strong and rigid for impressive sport riding performance
- Aluminum swingarm assembly is longer than traditional designs and features strengthening gussets to cope with the engine’s substantial torque
- Supersport bodywork package builds upon the slick aesthetic image of the previous machine, includes a rear seat cowl and adds better air management to the mix for improved rider and passenger comfort
- All-new 10-spoke wheels are more than 3 pounds lighter in total than the previous machine’s units; this reduces unsprung weight, which aids handling and maneuverability
- New disc material and pads improve the 14R’s radial-mount braking system
- Revised suspension settings front and rear add wheel control and compliance to an already plush ride
- Higher overall finish quality than before, including hidden bodywork fasteners
2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R ABS Technical Specifications
2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R ABS Specs:
- Engine: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four valve per cylinder, inline-four
- Displacement: 1,441cc
- Bore x stroke: 84.0 x 65.0mm
- Compression ratio: 12.3:1
- Fuel injection: DFI with four 44mm Mikuni throttle bodies
- Ignition: TCBI with Digital Advance
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final drive: X-Ring chain
- Rake / trail: 23 degrees / 3.7 in.
- Front tire: 120/70 ZR17
- Rear tire: 190/50 ZR17
- Wheelbase: 58.3 in.
- Front suspension / wheel travel: 43mm inverted cartridge fork with adjustable preload, 18-way compression and 15-way rebound damping adjustment / 4.6 in.
- Rear suspension / wheel travel: Bottom-link Uni-Trak and gas-charged shock with adjustable preload, stepless rebound and compression damping adjustments, adjustable ride height / 4.9 in.
- Front brakes: Dual semi-floating 310 mm petal discs with dual radial-mounted four-piston calipers and ABS
- Rear brakes: Single 250mm petal disc with twin-piston caliper and ABS
- Overall length: 85.4 in.
- Overall width: 30.3 in.
- Overall height: 46.1 in.
- Ground clearance: 4.9 in.
- Seat height: 31.5 in.
- Curb weight: 584.3 lbs.
- Fuel capacity: 5.8 gal.
Price & Color Options Of 2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R ABS
- Passion Red / $15,999
- Pearl Stardust White / $15,999
- Metallic Spark Black/Golden Blazed Green (SE) / $16,299
The Non-ABS version is priced between $14,999 and $15,299.
Official Pictures Of 2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R ABS
For latest updates on latest motorcycles via email, sign up for our FREE email newsletter.