Honda does have a rich scooter line-up and recently it launched the 2013 model of PCX 150 maxi scooter in Indonesia with the help of Astra Honda. As you see in the image, the scooter is a premium Honda product and is blessed with Honda’s latest generation technologies. At present the Indonesian market has PCX 125, which is PC 150’s less powerful sibling and the aim of this new more powerful version is to replace the former in the Indonesian market.
When translated in Indian rupees, the cost of the PCX 150 comes out close to Rs. 2,00,000 or US $4000 and with this price tag, it is about $100 dearer than the ongoing PCX 125. It is not a volumes puller and hence Honda wishes to sell around 2500 units per annum.
On the technical front the PCX 150 sports a 150 CC liquid cooled, four stroke engine that can conveniently put out 13.5 BHP @ 8500 RPM of max power which is 2 BHP more than the PCX 125. The engine features Honda’s Enhanced Smart Power technology which increases the power output without compromising fuel efficiency. The PCX 150 returns 47 KMPL of fuel mileage.
Proportion wise the scooter is big and is ideal for commuting and occasional rides. It offers ample storage capacity with a large, under seat storage compartment and front glove box. The list of new features is as follows:
- New, larger-displacement 150cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke engine adds freeway credentials to this modern scooter that captures a distinctive, motorcycle-like style.
- New seat padding material adds to the PCX150’s comfort factor.
- Excellent fuel mileage makes for remarkably economical transportation.
- Modern motorcycle-inspired styling in a full-sized scooter.
- The 150cc PCX150 is freeway legal.
- Available in Metallic Black and Candy Red colors.
Honda PCX 150 Technical Specifications
- Model: PCX150
- Engine Type: 153cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke: 58mm x 57.9mm
- Compression ratio: 10.6:1
- Valve Train: SOHC; two-valve
- Induction: PGM-FI with automatic enrichment
- Ignition: Digital with electronic advance
- Transmission: Honda V-Matic belt-converter automatic transmission
- Front: 31mm hydraulic fork; 3.5 inches travel
- Rear: Unit swingarm; 3.1 inches travel
- Front: Single 220mm disc with three-piston caliper
- Rear: Drum with CBS
- Front: 90/90-14
- Rear: 100/90-14
- Wheelbase: 51.8 inches
- Rake: 27.0o
- Trail: 86mm (3.4 inches)
- Seat Height: 29.9 inches
- Fuel Capacity: 1.6 gallons
- Estimated Fuel Economy: 110 MPG
Honda PCX 150 Image Gallery
Sign up for our free email newsletter for latest updates.
Last updated – 28th Sep 2012, more pictures added.