Today there are so many genres of motorcycles of which sports touring is one of my favorites. If you are a beginner and want a sports bike which is more of pleasure than performance, the Yamaha FZ6R is one of the good motorcycles to consider. For the model year 2013, Yamaha has unveiled the Yamaha FZ6R and ,let me say this, it looks stunning.
Especially the stance of the motorcycle with a low seat height and handle bars that are perfectly positioned, it feels in control and very planted on the road. Complimenting the feel of the motorcycle, is a 600 CC, DOHC, fuel injected engine which is refined and adequately powerful for long rides.
Official Overview Video Review of 2013 Yamaha FZ6R
Key Features Of 2013 Yamaha FZ6R
- US MPG Fuel Consumption: 43, Fuel Consumption ± 18.1kpl/51.5mpg(Imp)
- Fuel injected, 600cc, DOHC, 4-valve, in-line 4 tuned for fun and ease of use Sporty styling and low seat height
- The FZ6R is a great combination of performance, handling, and exciting sport bike style, but also with a low seat height that’s both adjustable to fit a wider variety of riders and also narrower where it counts to make it even easier to put both feet on the ground.
- Smooth power delivery and plenty of torque for brisk acceleration. The motor offers outstanding low to mid engine performance.
- Diamond-shaped frame, made of high-tensile steel pipes offers great handling performance.
The FZ6R uses radial tires, 120/70R 17-inch at the front and 160/60R 17-inch for rear. Stopping performance comes from dual 298mm front discs and a 245mm rear disc, which are easy to use.
2013 Yamaha FZ6R Technical Specifications
- Type 600cc liquid-cooled 4-stroke, DOHC 16 valves
- Bore x Stroke 65.5mm x 44.5mm
- Compression Ratio 12.2:1
- Fuel Delivery Fuel injection
- Ignition Digital TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission 6-speed; multi-plate wet clutch
- Final Drive O-ring chain
- Suspension / Front Telescopic fork, 5.1-in.travel
- Suspension / Rear Single shock, 5.1-in travel
- Brakes / Front 298mm Hydraulic disc
- Brakes / Rear 245mm Hydraulic disc
- Tires / Front 120/70 ZR17M/C 58W
- Tires / Rear 160/60 ZR17M/C 73W
- Length 83.5 in
- Width 30.3 in
- Height 46.7 in
- Seat Height 30.9 in
- Ground Clearance 5.5 in
- Wheelbase 56.7 in
- Rake (Caster Angle) 26.0°
- Trail 4.1 in
- Fuel Capacity 4.6 gal
- Fuel Economy 43 mpg
- Wet Weight 470 lb
- Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
2013 Yamaha FZ6R Price
The bike comes in two paint schemes and retails for: $7,890 (Team Yamaha Blue/White) and $7,790 (Pearl White)
Check out all the action from 2012 EICMA Show.