There is not much time left before the year 2013 starts and it is the best time for bike manufacturers to unveil their 2013 models. After Kawasaki who recently announced new models for the US, Star Motorcycles has unveiled the 2013 V Star 1300 Deluxe. Star Motorcycles, Yamaha’s cruiser subsidiary has launched the 2013 iteration of the popular V Star 1300 Deluxe bagger. The company claims that it rules the mid-size production bagger segment as according to the firm, it is the only major manufacturer to offer a mid-sized production bagger in the form of the new V Star 1300 Deluxe.
Putting the discussion on looks to a hold and coming to the engine first, the 2013 V Star 1300 Deluxe is powered by a 1304 CC liquid cooled, v-twin, SOHC, 4 valves per cylinder engine. In the new model, the company has positioned engine slightly forward to ensure perfect front to rear weight distribution. The cylinder has ceramic composite sleeves containing 100 mm forged pistons. The combustion gases are discarded via a 2 in 1 chrome exhaust.
2013 V Star 1300 Deluxe Official Video
The 60 degree V-Twin engine is housed in a double-cradle steel frame that keeps the handling of the bike up to the mark. At the front the bike features a 41 mm telescopic suspension that has 5.3 inches of travel, while at the rear it has a preload adjustable monoshock. It features 16 inch alloy wheels with lovely seven spoke cast wheels. For braking you get 298 mm dual discs at the front, while a single 298 mm disc does the duty at the rear.
Some Key Features Of 2013 V Star 1300 Deluxe
- Fork mounted fairing offering riders great weather protection and dynamic, sporty good looks.
- A fully integrated dash and audio system with iPod/iPhone compatibility. Riders can control their music on a control pod located on the left handlebar.
- A rugged, waterproof Garmin zumo 665 GPS. Features include motorcycle-friendly navigation, including weather and traffic conditions (if subscribed to monthly service), lane assist, and 3D building view. XM® satellite radio (with subscription) and Bluetooth® wireless functionality.
- Hard, lockable side bags have spacious room for long trips or commuting.
- Real steel fenders perfect for customization.
- Star quality paint, chrome and detailing.
- A 3D tank emblem design.
- Retro-modern bar-mounted instrumentation contains analog speedometer along with LCD display; indicator lights for high beam, turn signal, low oil level, low fuel, coolant temperature, neutral—and engine diagnostic function.
- Rider floorboards for comfort and room
- Bright multi-reflector headlight, LED taillight and amber turn signals.
- 02 sensor
Star Motorcycles has priced the 2013 V Star 1300 Deluxe at $13,690.
For more updates on cruiser motorcycles, sign up for our free email newsletter.