In 2011, Ducati unveiled the Panigale series and it was a smash hit. From the design to the technology, all were refreshing and we do count the Panigale amongst the most beautiful motorcycles manufactured ever. Last year the motorcycle arrived in the traditional Ducati Red colour but at the 2012 International Motorcycle Show (INTERMOT), the 2013 Panigale line-up has been revealed in a new colour.
For the model year2013, Ducati will offer the Panigale and Panigale S models in popular Arctic White colour, along with the usual Ducati red. Besides the colour, nothing has changed on the 1199, and it once again is available in three variants: Panigale standard, Panigale S and Panigale S Tricolore.
Ducati 1199 Panigale R Official Video
Since nothing has been changed on the 1199 Panigale, this year again it will arrive with Marzocchi’s 50mm aluminum front forks, Sachs rear suspension, a steering damper, Ducati Riding Modes (Race, Sport, Wet), Ducati Traction Control (DTC), Ducati Quick Shift (DQS), Engine Brake Control (EBC), Ride-by-Wire (RbW) and optional ABS.
The 2013 Panigale S is also available with the above mentioned features, but comes with additional features like Ducati Electronic Suspension (DES) with Öhlins electronic 43mm front forks, adjustable Öhlins steering damper, and an Öhlins electronic TTX suspension unit at the rear. Further the S model distinguishes itself with features like lightweight forged and machined Marchesini wheels, a carbon fiber front fender, full LED lighting, and an Aero Kit.
Last but not the least, the S Tricolore model arrives with the most complete set of features, covering all the ones mentioned above. It equips ABS as standard and is available in a Red, White and Green Italian-color paint scheme. The 2013 model also features the new generation DDA+ (Ducati Data Analyzer) with special GPS lap time function, as well as a titanium racing muffler developed by Ducati Performance.
2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale Technical Specifications
- Type: Superquadro: L-twin cylinder, 4 valve per cylinder, Desmodromic, liquid cooled
- Bore x Stroke: 112 x 60.8mm
- Power: 195hp (143kw) @ 10,750rpm
- Torque: 98.1lb-ft (132Nm) @ 9,000rpm
- Exhaust: 2-1-2 system with catalytic converter and 2 lambda probes. Twin stainless steel mufflers with aluminum outer sleeves. The S Tricolore gets a titanium racing muffler kit by Ducati Performance.
- Transmission: 6-Speed
- Clutch: Slipper and self-servo wet multiplate clutch with hydraulic control
- Frame: Monocoque aluminum
- Front suspension (Standard): Marzocchi 50mm pressurized and fully adjustable usd fork with hard anodized aluminum lightweight slider
- Front suspension (S, Tricolore S): Öhlins NIX30 43mm with TiN, fully adjustable usd fork. Electronic compression and rebound damping adjustment
- Front wheel: 10-spoke light alloy 3.50″ x 17″
- Rear suspension (Standard): Fully adjustable Sachs unit; Adjustable linkage: Progressive/flat; Aluminum single-sided swingarm
- Rear Suspension (S, Tricolore S): Fully adjustable Ohlins TTX36 unit; Electronic compression and rebound damping adjustment; Adjustable linkage: Progressive/flat; Aluminum single-sided swingarm.
- Rear wheel: 10 spoke light alloy 6.00″ x 17″
- Front brake: 2 x 330mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo Monobloc M50 4-piston calipers: ABS optional +2.5kg (+5.5lb)
- Rear brake: 245mm disc, 2-piston caliper
- Fuel tank capacity: 17l (4.5 gallon US)
- Dry weight (Standard, S): 164kg (361.5lb)
- Dry weight (Tricolore S): 166.5kg (367lb)
- Wet weight (Standard, S): 188kg (414.5lb)
- Wet weight (Tricolore S): 190.5kg (420lb)
2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale Variants Price
- Standard (Red or white) : $17,995 ($18,995 ABS)
- S (Red or white) : $22,995 ($23,995 ABS)
- Tricolore S : $27,995
Stay tuned to Ride Talks by signing up for our free email newsletter.