BMW Motorrad is the leader in the performance bike segment and the most important model for the brand has to be the BMW S1000RR. The RR has more than enough to keep fill you with riding pleasure and is quite popular among riders. Beside the RR, other models that pump adrenaline through your veins belong to BMW’s HP or High Performance series founded in 2005.
This year the company has announced yet another model to the HP series, the HP4. It is not a new model but a conventional S1000RR featuring some of the most advanced technologies.
2013 BMW HP4 Official Video
Based on the RR, the HP4 puts out a maximum power of 193 BHP and weighs 199 Kg including a 90% full fuel tank and Race ABS. With such a low total weight the bike becomes the lightest 4 cylinder supersports bike in the 1000 CC class. Sporting some exclusive and authentic features and technologies, it becomes a race ready machine, requiring no extra modifications. Moreover it delivers dynamic riding suitable for country roads.
BMW HP4 2012 Highlighting Features
- Fork bridge with engraved number and HP4 logo.
- Lightest 1000 supersports bike with four cylinders: 199 kg
(90% DIN unladen weight).
- Innovative suspension with Dynamic Damping Control DDC.
- Race ABS with IDM setting.
- Dynamic Traction Control DTC with fine adjustment in “Slick” mode.
- Launch Control.
- Adapted wheelie detection.
- New rear wheel tyres, 200/55 ZR 17.
- Shift assistant as standard.
- Light titanium exhaust system with controlled acoustic valve and interference pipe.
- Forged light alloy wheels, anodized in black.
- Radial monoblock brake calipers by Brembo with special brake pads.
- 9x floating brake discs at front.
- Extended, dual-section engine spoiler.
- Seat in monoposto look with passenger seat cover.
- LED turn indicators.
- Tinted windshield.
- Lighter 7 Ah battery.
- Performance-oriented engine set-up.
- Increased torque in the medium engine speed range
If you opt to go even in terms of performance, you can go for the HP4 Competition Package which comes with the features listed below:
- Long, closed engine spoiler made of carbon.
- Sponsor sticker kit included.
- Wheels in Racing blue metallic.
- HP Carbon badge carrier.
- HP Carbon tank cover.
- HP brake lever, hinged.
- HP clutch lever, hinged.
- HP rider footrest system, adjustable.
BMW S 1000 RR HP4 Price (UK)
The bike is priced at £19,350 OTR. Stay tuned for more updates from Ride Talks by signing up for our free email newsletter.