At this time of year, many machines have been unveiled and showcased at EICMA and Intermot shows. Most of these machines will not make it to various countries. But, KTM, the Austrian manufacturer, comes with a good news for bike enthusiasts in USA, by unveiling its plans to launch the 2015 KTM 1290 Super Duke R in the US market. This bike with aggressive styling is designed to deliver optimum performance with maximum safety.
This beast comes from the naked series of KTM, redefining the term ‘streetfighter’. It is designed to deliver full value to the user since it is very economical with fuel and have a service interval of 15,000 km. It is equipped with Bosch 9M+ two-channel, anti-lock braking system(ABS) providing a safe ride. The Super Duke 1290 R gets a 4- stroke, two cylinder engine that churns out 132 kW (180 hp) peak power and 144 Nm maximum torque. It is equipped with amazing features like cruise control, LED cornering light, comfortable heated seats and heated grips to make the ride more comfortable and relaxed.
Technical Specifications of KTM 1290
- Design: 2-cylinder, 4-stroke, spark-ignition engine, 75° V arrangement, liquid-cooled
- Displacement: 1,301 cm³
- Bore: 108 mm
- Stroke: 71 mm
- Starting aid: Electric starter
- Performance: 132 kW (180 PS)
- Engine lubrication: Forced oil lubrication with 3 rotor pumps
- Primary gear ratio: 40:79
- Secondary gear ratio: 17:38
- Cooling system: Liquid cooling system, continuous circulation of cooling liquid with water pump
- Clutch: PASC™ anti-hopping clutch/ hydraulically operated
- Ignition system: Contactless, controlled, fully electronic ignition system with digital ignition timing adjustment
- Frame: Tubular space frame made from chrome molybdenum steel, powder-coated
- Fork: WP Suspension Up Side Down
- Shock absorber: WP Suspension Monoshock
- Suspension travel front: 125 mm
- Suspension travel rear: 156 mm
- Brake system front: Twin-disc brake with radially mounted four-piston brake calipers
- Brake system rear: Single-disc brake with two-piston brake caliper; fixed brake disc
- Brake: discs – diameter front 320 mm
- Brake: discs – diameter rear 240 mm
- Chain: 5/8 x 5/16” X‑Ring
- Steering head angle: 65.1°
- Wheel base: 1,482±15 mm
- Ground clearance (unloaded): 140 mm
- Seat height (unloaded): 835 mm
- Total fuel tank capacity approx.: 18 l Unleaded premium fuel (95 RON)
- Weight without fuel approx.: 189 kg
- It goes from zero to 200 km/h (124 mph) in 7.2 seconds.
- This bike gets a Traction Control (MTC) which reacts immediately, if the rotational speed of the rear wheel is disproportionate to the riding situation.
- Ride mode technology of this bike has ‘street’, ‘sports’ and ‘rain’ modes, with first two modes delivering an output upto deliver a full 180 hp and rain mode delivers maximum output to 100 hp.
- The KTM 1290 gives higher fuel economy and lower emissions.
Availability and Price
The 2015 KTM 1290 R will be available in KTM dealershipin USA, starting from spring 2015 and will cost around $20,499.
Also read- 2015 KTM Duke 390 and RC 390 coming to USA