After a 3 year long gap, Suzuki’s mid-size motorcycle SFV650 has returned to the U.S. street bike model line-up for the year 2013. The motorcycle is an entry level machine meant for beginners. Being an entry level machine not much is expected, though the riding experience matters. So the SFV650 comes with a very lively V-Twin engine and easy handling for newbies and we are sure it will impress you.
The 2009 model of the bike was powered by a 645 CC V-Twin powerhouse and so is the 2013 model. The engine offered a smooth spread of power making it perfect for city riding and the updates made in the same for the 2013 SFV650 make it an even better engine. The engine now comes with a new crankshaft with more rotating inertia which means increased acceleration. The intake/exhaust tract lengths have been updated along with an increase in the efficiency of the exhaust system.
2013 Suzuki SFV650 Gladius Key Features & Specifications
- 39mm throttle bodies
- Compact Frame
- Reworked Chassis and bodywork
- Stylish Headlight
- Instrument cluster is positioned above the headlight and provides an analog tachometer, LCD digital speedometer, LCD dual trip-meters and odometer. An LCD digital clock, and LCD digital gear position indicator are also featured. Indicator lights include a two way remaining fuel warning lamp, backed up by an LCD digital reserve trip meter.
- Fuel pump is lighter and more compact and located within the 15 liter fuel tank.
- Organically shaped multi reflector headlight incorporates high and low beams as well as a position light and flanked by chrome lens turn indicators.
- Compact combination tail and brake light is packaged neatly underneath the rear seat framed by stylish seat rails and also flanked by clear lens turn indicators.
- Dunlop qualifiers sport radials are fitted with a 120/70ZR17 front and a 160/60ZR17 rear tire.
- Stylish 17 inch cast aluminum -alloy wheels feature a new five spoke design with a 17 x 3.50 inch front wheel and a 17 x 5.00 inch rear wheel.
- Tubular handlebar shape and foot peg positions are designed to work with the seat position to add to rider comfort.
- The carefully shaped seat has ample padding and the rear edges are bolstered to support the rider’s hips well.
- European inspired styling treatment features sleek flowing lines and an unmatched elegant look.
- Engine: 645 cc, 4-stroke, 2-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90-degree V-Twin
- Bore x Stroke: 3.19 in x 2.46 in
- Compression Ratio: 11.5 : 1
- Fuel System: Fuel Injection
- Starter: Electric
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Suspension Front: Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Link type, coil spring, oil damped, spring preload 7-step adjustable
- Brakes Front: 2-piston calipers, 290 mm disc, twin
- Brakes Rear: 1-piston caliper, 240mm disc
- Tires Front: 120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless
- Tires Rear: 160/60ZR17M/C (69W), tubeless
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 3.19 US – Including Reserve
DIMENSIONS AND CURB WEIGHT
- Overall Length: 2130 mm (83.9 in.)
- Overall Width: 760 mm (29.9 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1445mm (56.9 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 140mm (5.5 in.)
- Seat Height: 785 mm (30.9 in.)
- Curb Weight: 202kg (446lbs)
- Transmission: 6-speed, constant mesh
- Final Drive: Chain
- Ignition: Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
- Warranty: 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.
2013 Suzuki SFV650 Gladius Price
- US MSRP Price: $7,999 USD (Gray/Black)
Get latest motorcycles updates via email by signing up for our Free email newsletter.