Bajaj Auto India launches what it claims to be world’s most advanced 100 CC commuter Motorcycle – The Bajaj Discover 100T. This 100 CC Tourer is powered by an advanced 4 valve single cylinder DTS-I engine by Bajaj which puts out 10.2 PS of peak power and deliver a fuel economy of 87 Km per litre of petrol under standard test conditions. It can reach a top speed of 100 KMPH and has a 5 speed manual gearbox. The power output of the Discover 100T is about 30% higher than the typical output of other 100 CC motorcycles in this segment.
It comes with many premium features like nitrox filled shock absorbers suspensions system, semi-double cradle chassis, high rigidity in chassis for improved handling and comfort. It has Direct current headlamps which are powered by battery to deliver flicker free performance even at low engine speeds and it also gets electric start feature as standard. This motorcycle has been priced at Rs. 50,550 (around US $950) and comes in 4 colour options.
Some of the impressive design features, which are inherited from the Discover 125 ST include a muscular looking fuel tank with lot of scooping and contours, aggressive front styling, 10 spoke alloy wheels, premium looking side panels in aluminium finish, dual tone body graphics etc. to name a few.
The colour options include:
- Flame Red
- Brilliant Blue
- Black Red
- Black Blue
Detailed technical specifications of Bajaj Discover 100T are as follows:
- Engine: 4 Valve DTS-i
- Engine Displacement: 102 cc
- Max.Net Power: 10.2 Ps @ 9000 rpm
- Max.net Torque: 9.2 Nm @ 6500 rpm
- Ignition System: Digital CDI
- Choke: Auto
- Starting Self + kick start
- Clutch: Multi-plate Wet Clutch
- Transmission: 5 Speed Constant mesh
- Frame: Semi Double cradle
- Front Suspension: Telescopic Fork with Anti-friction Bush
- Rear Suspension: Nitrox Twin Shocks with gas canister
- Front/Rear Brake: Drum 130/110 mm
- Front wheel / tyre: New design alloy / 2.75 X 17” 41P Tubed
- Rear wheel / tyre: New design alloy / 3.00 X 17” 50P Tubed
- Fuel Tank: 10 L (3.5 L usable reserve)
- Wheelbase: 1305 mm
- Seat Height: 780 mm
- Turning Circle Radius: 1915 mm
- Ground Clearance: 165 mm
- Kerb Weight: 121 kg
- Max Speed: 100 KMPH
- Battery 12V 5AH
Stay tuned to Ride Talks for latest updates.