Yamaha’s Diversion series of motorcycles have their own charm and they have been existing in the market for more than a decade now. In 2009 Yamaha re-launched the Diversion line-up and gave it a new name, Yamaha XJ6 Diversion. Since 2009 we did not see any major changes in the motorcycle, and for the year 2013 the bike majorly remains the same, though a handful of improvements have been brought in.
The XJ series of motorcycles now comprises of XJ6 ABS, XJ6 Diversion and XJ6 Diversion F. While the XJ6 is a naked motorcycle, the XJ6 Diversion and Diversion F feature the Fazer fairing. Now quickly coming to what special the company is offering this year, is a new Race Blue paint scheme which could certainly be considered as an enhancement to the appeal of the bike.
The Race Blue treatment features blue and matt grey colours and this is the same combination used by Yamaha MotoGP team for the previous two races at Misano and Aragon.
I know the paint scheme is so very beautiful and if any of you was planning to buy the R1, R6 or R125, do not get disheartened as the same paint scheme is available for these bikes as well.
New features of the 2013 XJ ABS are as follows:
- Redesigned side panels
- Uprated instruments
- New seat cover and
- Clear turn signal lenses
2013 Yamaha XJ6 ABS Technical Specifications
- Engine type: liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, DOHC, forward-inclined parallel 4-cylinder, 4-valves
- Displacement: 600cc
- Bore x stroke: 65.5 mm x 44.5 mm
- Compression ratio: 12.2 : 1
- Maximum power: 57.0 kW (77.5PS) @ 10,000 rpm
- Maximum torque: 59.7 Nm (6.1 kg-m) @ 8,000 rpm
- Lubrication system: Wet sump
- Fuel system: Fuel Injection
- Clutch type: Wet, Multiple Disc
- Ignition system: TCI
- Starter system: Electric
- Transmission system: Constant Mesh, 6-speed
- Final transmission: Chain
- Frame: Diamond Shaped
- Front suspension: system Telescopic forks
- Front travel: 130 mm
- Caster angle: 26º
- Trail: 103 mm
- Rear suspension system: Linked monoshock with spring preload adjustment
- Rear travel: 130 mm
- Front brake: Hydraulic dual disc, Ø 298 mm
- Rear brake: Hydraulic single disc, Ø 245 mm
- Front tyre: 120/70 ZR17M/C (58W)
- Rear tyre: 160/60 ZR17M/C (69W)
- Overall length: 2,120 mm
- Overall width: 770 mm
- Overall height: 1,085 mm
- Seat height: 785 mm
- Wheel base: 1,440 mm
- Minimum ground clearance: 140 mm
- Wet weight (including full oil and fuel tank): 205 kg / ABS 210 kg
- Fuel tank capacity: 17 litres
- Oil tank capacity: 3.4 litres
The price of the XJ series has not been announced yet, we will update this section as soon as the prices come out. Expected prices is to remain close to the previous models, i.e. $6500 for XJ naked.
Stay tuned to Ride Talks by signing up for our free email newsletter.