Yamaha is one of the oldest and most respected motorcycle manufacturers on the planet earth and it offers some of the most distinct motorcycles. If you are a naked motorcycle lover, you must be familiar with the Yamaha FZ8 which was launched in 2011 to bridge the gap between FZ6R and FZ1.
Now for 2013 model year, the company has unveiled the latest iteration- the 2013 Yamaha FZ8. Over the years the company never brought any major technical changes to the FZ8 and the only noticeable changes were in the color options. but for 2013, Yamaha has upgraded the FZ8 with a number of interesting features such as revised fuel injection settings, fully adjustable front suspension and a more aggressive muffler.
The engine of the motorcycle constitutes of components derived directly from the class leading R1 and R6 sportbikes. It equips a 779 CC engine which features ceramic-composite-coated cylinders and forged aluminum pistons, and delivers perfectly torquey performance.
2013 Yamaha FZ8 New Features
- New muffler shape adds to visual appeal
- Rebound damping adjustable, allowing riders to adjust the FZ8 based on rider and passenger needs
- Rebound and compression damping adjustable on forks, allowing for adjustments catering to sport touring or urban assault
- Dual-textured seat material to enhance visual appeal
2013 Yamaha FZ8 Technical Specifications
- Engine: 779cc liquid-cooled inline 4-cylinder; DOHC 16 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 68.0 x 53.6mm
- Compression Ratio: 12.0:1
- Fuel System: Fuel Injection
- Ignition: Digital TCI, Transistor Controlled Ignition w/32-bit ECU
- Transmission: 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: O-ring chain
- Rear Suspension: Single shock; adjustable preload and rebound damping.
- Front Suspension: Telescopic fork; adjustable compression and rebound damping.
- Rear Wheel Travel: 5.1 in.
- Front Wheel Travel: 5.1 in.
- Front Brakes: Dual 310mm hydraulic disc
- Rear Brake: Single 267mm disc
- Front Tire: 120/70-ZR17M/C 58W
- Rear Tire: 180/55-ZR17M/C 73W
- Length: 84.3 in.
- Width: 30.3 in.
- Height: 41.9 in.
- Seat Height: 32.1 in.
- Ground Clearance: 5.5 in.
- Wheelbase: 57.5 in.
- Rake: 25.0 degrees
- Trail: 4.3 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gal.
- Estimated Fuel Economy: 39 mpg
- Wet Weight: 467 lbs.
2013 Yamaha FZ8 Color Option/MSRP
The motorcycle is available in Matte Gray and Matte Black. Both the variants are priced at $8,890
Stay tuned for latest Motorcycle news by signing up for Ride Talks Free Email newsletter.