Yamaha YZF-R1 is one of the most sought after racing machines out there in the market but many potent buyers do not consider it because of the fact that it is not an everyday motorcycle. No doubt it is a brilliantly designed motorcycle, but meant more for the track and not for everyday commuting. So for such people who want to drive such a powerful machine on a regular basis and also spend quality time on the tracks, though occasionally, may take a look at the 2013 Yamaha FZ1.
The 2013 Yamaha FZ1 is powered by a no-nonsense 998 CC DOHC engine, featuring 4 cylinders and 20 valves, that delivers high rev stability for track days or sport riding, but is capable of delivering mid-range pull for city riders or touring at the same time.
Some of the highlights of the 2013 Yamaha FZ1
- Fuel Consumption ± 15kpl/42mpg(Imp)
- 3rd generation fuel injected R1 powerplant
- Serious sports focus with comfortable ergonomics
- Our ultimate street brawler brings 998cc of fuel-injected power to the fray, in a light-and-strong aluminum frame.
- Sculpted bodywork and a comfortable handlebar position for great looks and rider comfort.
- Fully adjustable 43mm inverted fork and a single shock with adjustable preload and rebound damping. Tunable for sport touring or urban assault.
- Low fuel warning light
- Integrated passenger grab rails
- Adjustable, 5-position front brake lever
- Durable “O” ring-sealed drive chain
- Lightweight, sealed low-maintenance battery
- Excessive lean angle engine cut-out switch.
- Lockable steering
2013 Yamaha FZ1 Technical Specifications
- Type 998cc liquid-cooled inline 4-cylinder; DOHC, 20 valves
- Bore x Stroke 77 x 53.6mm
- Compression Ratio 11.5:1
- Fuel Delivery Fuel injection
- Ignition Digital TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition with 32-bit ECU
- Transmission 6-speed w/multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive O-ring chain
- Suspension / Front 43mm fork; fully adjustable, 5.1-in travel
- Suspension / Rear Single shock; adjustable preload and rebound damping, 5.1-in travel
- Brakes / Front Dual 320mm floating discs w/4-piston calipers
- Brakes / Rear 245mm disc w/single-piston caliperTires / Front 120/70-ZR17
- Tires / Rear 190/50-ZR17
- Length 84.3 in
- Width 30.3 in
- Height 47.4 in
- Seat Height 32.1 in
- Wheelbase 57.5 in
- Ground Clearance 5.3 in
- Rake (Caster Angle) 25.0°
- Trail 4.3 in
- Fuel Capacity 4.8 gal
- Fuel Economy** 35 mpg
- Wet Weight*** 487 lb
- Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
2013 Yamaha FZ1 Price
- US MSRP Price: $10,790 (Cobalt Blue)
Get latest Motorcycle news delivered in your inbox for FREE by signing up for our free email newsletter.