We know that Suzuki has unveiled five motorcycle models at once at the International Motor Show going on in Cologne, Germany. While we have already talked about the 2013 Suzuki V-Storm 1000 concept and Intruder C1500T cruiser, there is another very important motorcycle which we are covering in this news.
More than a decade ago Suzuki developed a motorcycle so unique that it instantly gained so many followers from across the world. This ultimate superbike was called as Suzuki Hayabusa and it was an immediate hit, thanks to the massive thrust, unmatched maneuverability and smooth ride. At the show, Suzuki announced the 2013 model of the Suzuki Hayabusa and from this year onward the company will offer ABS on the bike as standard.
2013 Suzuki Hayabusa Official Video
2013 Suzuki Hayabusa ABS Key Features
- The Suzuki Hayabusa is now equipped with Brembo front brakes and the first in Suzuki’s sportsbike range to feature an Antilock Brake System (ABS).
- Capable of speeds in excess of 300 km/h, the Suzuki Hayabusa has been designed for maximum performance.
- Hayabusa is now equipped with top-of-the-line radial-mount Brembo Monobloc front brake calipers, with an enlarged piston diameter from 32-30mm to 32-32mm meaning greater force.
- Suzuki’s Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) fuel injection system
- A 1,340cc, DOHC, liquid-cooled, four-cylinder engine providing strong power delivery and impressive torque.
- Suzuki’s original Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS) with three engine maps to suit road conditions and their riding preferences
- A slick-shifting six-speed transmission works in conjunction with the Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) back-torque-limiting clutch to deliver smooth and controlled downshifts.
- Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) coating surface treatment for front forks.
- Radical aerodynamic styling giving the all-new Hayabusa its unique look and improved fuel efficiency.
- A lightweight twin-spar aluminium-alloy frame
2013 Suzuki Hayabusa ABS Technical Specifications UK (To Be Confirmed)
Dimensions and weight
- Overall length: 2190mm (86.2in)
- Overall width: 735mm (28.9in)
- Overall height: 1165mm (45.9in)
- Wheelbase: 1480mm (58.3in)
- Seat height: 805mm (31.7in)
- Fuel capacity: 21.0litres (4.6 UK gallons)
- Engine capacity: 1340cc
- Engine: 4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid cooled, DOHC
- Bore: 81.0mm x 65.0mm
- Compression ratio: 12.5:1
- Ignition: Electronic ignition (Transisorised)
- Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh
- Drive: Chain
- Front suspension: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Rear suspension: Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Front brakes: Disc, twin
- Rear brakes: Disc
- Front tyres: 120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless
- Rear tyres: 190/50ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless
Price Of 2013 Suzuki Hayabusa ABS (US,UK,Australia)
As of now the company hasn’t announced the price but since ABS now comes as standard, we expect a hike in the price (app $14,000+ for US). European customers should expect a 500 GBR hike.