Since a while rumors were flowing that Suzuki Motor Corporation is leaving the US market filing for bankruptcy. Well, last week at the annual dealer meeting Suzuki made things clear that it will be leaving the US auto market and will shift its focus to its powersports and marine divisions. At the same meeting Suzuki also announced its 2013 model year lineup for US market which includes the latest cruiser of its line-up, the 2013 Boulevard C90T B.O.S.S.
The Boulevard C90T BOSS is essentially a Suzuki M90 cruiser as both share the same main frame, engine, transmission, exhaust system, cooling system, and final drive. The word BOSS (B.O.S.S)used at the end of its name stands for Blacked-Out Special Suzuki and for sure this cruiser looks all black.
The motorcycle is powered by a 1462 CC liquid cooled, SOHC, fuel injected, V-Twin engine which puts out a max power of 78 BHP and max torque of 130 Nm. The fuel tank can take up to 4.8 gallons at once and is meant for long rides. Interestingly, apart from the technical stuff, rest all has been designed and manufactured specifically for this model. For instance the windscreen has been designed in accordance with the looks of the C90T and ensures complete protection for touring riders. Other design specific highlights include hard saddlebags with scooped out hollows near the rear pegs.
The bike will be available with plenty of accessories that the company has planned.
2013 Suzuki Boulevard C90T BOSS Price
The bike retails for $13,999.
2013 Suzuki Boulevard C90T BOSS Technical Specifications
- Engine: 1462cc, 4-stroke, 2-cylinder, Liquid-cooled, SOHC, 54-degree V-twin
- Bore x Stroke: 3.78 in x 3.98 in
- Compression Ratio: 9.5 : 1
- Fuel System: Suzuki Fuel Injection
- Starter: Electric
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Transmission: 5-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive: Shaft Drive
- Suspension Front: Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front: Disc brake
- Brakes Rear: Disc Brake
- Tires Front: 130/80-17M/C 65H, tube type
- Tires Rear: 200/60-16M/C 79H, tube type
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 4.8 US
- Color: Glass Sparkle Black
- Ignition: Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
DIMENSIONS AND CURB WEIGHT
- Overall Length: 2560 mm (100.8in)
- Overall Width: 990 mm (39 in)
- Wheelbase: 1,675 mm (65.9 in)
- Seat Height: 720 (28.3 in)
- Curb Weight: 800
- Warranty: 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.
Check out more updates from 2012 EICMA Show.