There may be any number of fully faired motorcycle lovers in the international market, but the sheer attraction of a naked motorcycle is out of this world. Kawasaki’s one and only motorcycle in the litre naked bike class is out with the 2013 iteration. We are talking about the 2013 Kawasaki Ninja Z1000 which admittedly has one of most distinctive look. Kawasaki has paid serious attention to the looks of the bike in the recent past which is why they shifted their focus to the bike’s heart this time.
The 1,043 CC, liquid cooled, DOHC, 16 valve unit is perfect for any rpm range. You just need to roll the throttle and regardless of what rpm range you are in, the bike will immediately pull you with grace. The quad pipe theme from the 2012 Z1000 has been carried forward to the 2013 model but it comes with an under-engine pre-chamber which lets engineers use shorter mufflers for great looks and better mass centralization.
2013 Kawasaki Ninja Z1000 Key Features
- 1,043cc inline-four with DFI produces massive power with an intoxicating howl
- Lightweight aluminum frame specifically designed for the Z1000
- Fully adjustable inverted front fork with settings designed for sporty performance
- Horizontal rear monoshock features stepless rebound damping and spring preload adjustability
- Radial-mounted four-piston front brake calipers and radial-pump front brake master cylinder combine with 300mm discs to provide superior stopping power
- Digital instrument panel tilts to accommodate different viewing angles
- Aggressive styling makes a bold fashion statement
2013 Kawasaki Ninja Z1000 Technical Specifications (USA)
- Engine Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four valves per cylinder, inline-four
- Displacement 1,043cc
- Bore x Stroke 77.0 x 56.0mm
- Compression Ratio 11.8:1
- Fuel System DFI® with four 38mm Keihin throttle bodies, oval sub-throttles
- Ignition TCBI with Digital Advance
- Transmission Six-Speed
- Final Drive X-Ring Chain
- Rake/Trail 24.5 deg. / 4.1 in.
- Frame Type Aluminum Backbone
- Front Tire Size 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Tire Size 190/50 ZR17
- Wheelbase 56.7 in.
- Front Suspension / Wheel Travel 41 mm inverted cartridge fork with stepless compression and rebound damping, adjustable spring preload / 4.7 in.
- Rear Suspension/Wheel Travel Horizontal monoshock with stepless rebound damping, adjustable spring preload / 5.4 in.
- Front Brakes Dual 300mm petal-type rotors with radial-mount four-piston calipers
- Rear Brakes Single 250mm petal-type rotor with single-piston caliper
- Fuel Capacity 4.0 gal.
- Seat Height 32.1 in.
- Curb Weight 481 lbs.
- Overall Length 82.5 in.
- Overall Width 31.7 in.
- Overall Height 42.7 in.
- Color Choices Golden Blazed Green/Metallic Spark Black
- Warranty 12 months
- Good Times™ Protection Plan 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
2013 Kawasaki Ninja Z1000 Price
The 2013 Kawasaki Ninja Z1000 non-ABS version is priced at $10,999. Expect the ABS version to be priced around $11,999 USD.