Lately, Kawasaki has updated its complete model line-up with the new 2013 iterations. Evidently it has not done much with the 2013 models and that includes the 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650 too. Though a hit, Kawasaki hasn’t gone a step further for the 2013 Ninja 650 and essentially it is a carryover but with added ABS. Launched in 2006 first in the sports tourer class, a lot was expected from it; comfort, power and fuel economy.
To everybody’s content, the bike turned out to be very comfortable, powerful and distance friendly at the same time. The 649 CC, liquid cooled engine offers generous torque and power and at the same time returns an appreciable 50 mph. It is built on a twin-pipe perimeter frame that offers rigidity and balance to the rider. A seat height of 31.7 inches offers a comfortable reach to the ground.
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650 ABS Key Features
- ABS brakes offer excellent performance and enhanced confidence in adverse conditions
- Compact, lightweight ABS unit is highly effective without weighing the bike down
- Dual 300mm front petal-shaped disc brakes with twin-piston calipers and a single 220mm rear petal-shaped disc deliver plenty of braking power
- Front brake master cylinder features a 14mm piston for smooth actuation
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650 ABS Technical Specifications (USA)
- Engine: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four-valve, parallel twin
- Displacement: 649cc
- Bore x stroke: 83.0 x 60.0mm
- Compression ratio: 10.8:1
- Cooling: Liquid
- Fuel injection: Digital fuel injection with two 38mm Keihin throttle bodies
- Ignition: TCBI with electronic advance
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final drive: O-ring chain
- Frame: Twin-pipe perimeter design, high-tensile steel
- Rake / trail: 25 degrees / 4.3 in.
- Wheelbase: 55.5 in.
- Front suspension / wheel travel: 41mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 4.9 in.
- Rear suspension / wheel travel: Single offset laydown shock with adjustable spring preload / 5.1 in.
- Front tire: Dunlop Roadsmart II 120/70×17
- Rear tire: Dunlop Roadsmart II 160/60×17
- Front brake: ABS with dual 300mm petal discs and two-piston calipers
- Rear brake: ABS with single 220mm petal disc and single piston caliper
- Overall length: 83.1 in.
- Overall width: 30.3 in.
- Overall height: 46.5 in.
- Seat height: 31.7 in.
- Curb weight: 465.3 lbs.
- Fuel capacity: 4.2 gal.
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650 Color Options & Price:
- Pearl Stardust White : $7,599 ($8,099 ABS)
- Candy Thunder Blue : $7,599 ($8,099 ABS)
- Metallic Flat Spark Black : $7,599 ($8,099 ABS)
For latest updates on Kawasaki new launches, stay tuned to our Free email newsletter.