Comfort sport bikes is one of the emerging classes as not all riders want a track oriented machine, but rather a motorcycle which could do well on the streets that too with comfort. In 2010, when Kawasaki first brought the Ninja 1000, it was an immediate success. Complete attention was given to bike majorly because of the fact that it was based on the Z1000. Essentially it was a Z1000, with a full sportbike fairing. From the engine to the frame, all was borrowed from the Z1000.
Lately, the company has revealed the 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS for US market. As it has been with its previous version, the 2013 Ninja 1000 delivers a mix of power, handling, looks, technology and rideability. The bike offers all round performance which is hard to overlook.
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS Key Features
- Supersport-style full-fairing
- Supersport-style full-fairing bodywork gives the Ninja 1000 ABS a distinct, head-turning look of its own.
- The sleek styling also offers a good measure of wind protection, facilitating short touring runs.
- The leading edges of the fairings feature a slat-style design that directs the wind around the bike, enabling the fairings to be slimmer in the middle.
- Sporty instrument panel
- Sporty instrument panel features a large analogue tachometer and multi-function LCD screen.
- The design is based on that of the Ninja ZX-6R, but features original font and colouring.
- Functions include: speedometer, tachometer, fuel gauge, odometer, clock, dual trip meters, and warning lamps.
- Original-design front turn signals
- Original-design front turn signals mount directly to the fairings.
- Turn signal units are attached to the inside of the fairing using rubber mounts to minimise fairing damage should the bike fall over
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS Technical Specifications (USA)
- Engine Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four valves per cylinder, inline-four
- Displacement 1,043cc
- Bore x Stroke 77.0 x 56.0 mm
- Compression Ratio 11.8:1
- Fuel System DFI® with four 38mm Keihin throttle bodies, oval sub-throttles
- Ignition TCBI with digital advance
- Transmission Six-speed
- Final Drive X-ring Chain
- Rake/Trail 24.5 deg / 4.0 in.
- Frame Type Aluminum Backbone
- Front Tire Size 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Tire Size 190/50 ZR17
- Wheelbase 56.9 in.
- Front Suspension / wheel travel 41 mm inverted cartridge fork with stepless compression and rebound damping, adjustable spring preload / 4.7 in.
- Rear Suspension / wheel travel Horizontal monoshock with stepless rebound damping, adjustable spring preload / 5.4 in.
- Front Brakes Dual 300mm petal-type rotors with radial-mount four-piston calipers, optional ABS
- Rear Brakes Single 250mm petal-type rotor with single-piston caliper, optional ABS
- Fuel Capacity 5.0 gal.
- Seat Height 32.3 in.
- Curb Weight 509.4 lbs.
- Overall length 82.9 in.
- Overall width 31.1 in.
- Overall height 48.4 in.
- Color Choices Metallic Stardust White, Candy Lime Green
- Warranty 12 Months
- Good Times™ Protection Plan 12, 24, 36, 48 months
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Price
The Ninja 1000 2013 model with ABS has been priced at $12,099.