Just a couple of weeks back Honda officially revealed the 2013 Honda CB1100 which is a retro style motorcycle for modern motorcyclists who love vintage classics motorcycles. Except for the looks of the motorcycles which is inspired by the Cb750 launched back in 1969, everything is modern and performance oriented. What makes this bike interesting is the fact that the CB1100 is a great street bike which has its own unique personality.
The motorcycle is quite large, making you feel like you are sitting on something on something substantial. The rubber covered foot-pegs are positioned well and the overall riding position is slightly leaned forward, which is very right. In short, everything on the motorcycles seems Honda’ish.
2013 Honda CB1100 Features, Price and Specifications
The engine of the motorcycle is completely exposed and looks stunning. It is a 1140 CC air- and oil-cooled DOHC motorcycle which, alike the motorcycle, is quite substantial in size and appears muscular. It is very smooth while running and feels just perfect for street. Although the 2013 CB1100’s engine does not offer superbike power and torque figures, it does develop a strong mid-range output which is perfect for the streets.
Being an engine of this size, it puts out power in the range of 80’s only. But surprisingly the engine does not feel like its lacking at any point. The bikes features a 5 speed gearbox which is smooth and shifts through seamlessly. The suspension arrangements consists of standard forks at the front and twin shock absorbers at the rear. The ride is very adaptable and sporting, and the suspension works very well when it comes to handling real world surface.
Brakes system includes twin discs up at the front which provide adequate braking power but are not exceptional. Overall the motorcycle is really nice and we love it. And given the price tag of $9999 the motorcycles is seriously appealing and a strong performer.
- Model: CB1100
- Engine Type: 1140cc air- and oil-cooled inline four-cylinder
- Bore and Stroke: 73.5mm x 67.2mm
- Compression ratio: 9.5:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Induction: PGM-FI with automatic enrichment circuit, 32mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: Digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Transmission: Five-speed
- Final Drive: #530 O-ring-sealed chain
- Suspension Front: 41mm fork with spring preload adjustability; 4.7 inches travel
- Suspension Rear: Dual shocks with spring preload adjustability; 3.5 inches travel
- Brakes Front: Dual four-piston calipers with full-floating 296mm discs
- Brakes Rear: Single-caliper 256mm disc
- Brakes: Optional Honda ABS
- Tire Front: 110/80-18
- Tire Rear: 140/70-18
- Wheelbase: 58.7 inches
- Rake (Caster angle): 27.0°
- Trail: 114mm (4.5 inches)
- Seat Height: 31.3 inches
- Fuel Capacity: 3.9 gallons, including 0.9-gallon reserve
- Estimated Fuel Economy**: TBD
- Color: Candy Red
- Curb Weight*: 540 pounds
Check out more updates from 2013 EICMA Show.